Classic Horsemanship  

Go Back   Classic Horsemanship > The Classroom > General Horsemanship

Old 01-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
John
Foal

Default Tom Curtin

Does anyone here know Tom and Trina? Tom Curtin Horsemanship?
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
LinL
Foal

Default Tom Curtin

Yes, I have ridden with Tom & Trina several times - great time, learned a lot
LinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
John
Foal

I have ridden in a couple cow working, a roping , a horsemanship and started several colts in his clinics. As well as go to his place in Fl for "Winter Camp" and ride my horses all day every day for a week (2X). Am going down in Feb. for 2 weeks of Colt starting... Tom and trina have alot to offer and don't really judge you they just move along and you keep up. One time we were riding out and Tom and Trina were on colts (4-5th ride), one of the girls with us was having some trouble with her horse going through the bit and throwing it's head. Tom and Trina stopped in a feild and comenced to unsaddle their colts and rub their backs down, Tom casually mentioned that this may be a good time for her to work on softness and flexion. I noticed that when her horse started getting soft Tom And Trina just saddled their colts and we contuied our ride. I spent alot of time thinking about that and 2 days later I asked Tom, "When we stopped with the colts that day and ya'll unsaddled, that was as much or more for (the girl) so she could help her horse without fighting him the whole ride and not feel like we were all waiting on her wasn't it?" Tom just looked sidewise at me and grinned as he walked away. I had just learned a lesson about people and how to help them help their horses with no peer pressure. Great Teacher!! I don't think the girl ever realized whatthey did for her, but I saw her make great changes in her horse that week. AND I really started to pay attention to Tom's casual comments to me ALOT closer.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
Cattleman
Foal

Cool story thanks for sharing John, Tom is a great hand. I have never met him but heard stories about his horsemanship.
Cattleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
Rex Easley
Weanling

Curtins are great horse folks. I would sure ride with them anytime I could.
Rex Easley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #6
Steve C
Weanling

Ron is coming to Australia in April and holding a clinic reasonably closeby, I am seriously thinking of attending.

Steve
Steve C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:15 AM   #7
Quirky
Foal

Default tom curtin

I've registered to attend the horsemanship clinic with tom in 3 weeks time, I'm very excited, I will be taking my breaker and hope that we both learn lots
Quirky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Administrator
Administrator

Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote